Monday, November 8, 2010

Musings

I have not blogged in a while.  I just don't take the time.  Yet another area in which I need to discipline myself.
I realized over the summer how desperately I needed to become discipline.  I had become lazy, I did not care about things with much passion (if any), and I felt as if I did not have a purpose.  It is not fun to feel that way.

I needed to make some changes.  Saying I would do this meant nothing because I have always said, "I will do better next time..."  and next time would come around and nothing would have changed.
I began asking God to really help me this semester!  I had to do well!  I knew I could, I just had to apply myself and be disciplined.  Well, this semester has been the most beneficial semester of college, yet.  The classes have been wonderful!  I have learned many many new things and have been stretched.  While not necessarily the most rigorous courses I have learned much.  I have learned to get stuff done.  Yes, I have still procrastinated but I have accomplished so much more! 

I was talking with Mama today about the path I will be taking when I arrive back at CIU.  I have been contemplating teaching.  Do I really want to be a teacher?  The thought of teaching rather terrifies me much of the time!  I am responsible for giving these children knowledge.  Yikes.  That is scary.  I then had to question, well, if I switch majors....what will I switch to?  So, while I pondered these things, thought about praying about it, did pray some, and thought some more, God had another twist for me. 

I wanted to register for classes.  I couldn't.  I still can't.  I am waiting to hear back from my advisor again.  However, I now know that I have the option to postpone my education classes until I am ready to begin working on my Masters which gives me two semesters to fill with the remaining classes I need!  This will give me the opportunity to take classes I wanted to take but did not have time!  It means I can become educated in thinking analytically!  Poor Aaron has a tough time talking with me in a debatable fashion because the way we think is SO opposite!  This is not to say I want to completely change how I think....because I like my perspective on things....but it will help me to think in such a way as to see outside the box, around the question, see the reasoning, and not make statements that I wish I could eat as soon as I have said them.

I don't know how next semester will look.  I don't know if I will get to do this.  I really want to!  It is scary.  I have never taken a Gentry class.  I don't know how to write a philosophical paper.  I don't know how to argue philosophically.  But, isn't that what class is for?  To learn.

Anyway, this has been what I have been trying to figure out today.
That, and what December is going to look like!
And then....I get to go home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...