Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thoughts of the Night

Freshman year...we were babies!
Growing up, I really wanted the Kirsten American Girl series to be made into a movie.  Oh, and I wanted to be Kirsten.  After all, we shared the same name!

Tonight I watched Eloise at Christmastime while I wrapped some Christmas presents.  Without fail, whenever I watch that movie, I wish I could be Eloise.  What a fun role that would have been to play!  I definitely see similarities.  Now, if only I had grown up in the Plaza...

Watching The Holiday makes me desperate (more desperate?) to move to England ASAP.  Snow (rain), accents, culture, lifestyle...I miss it.

I'm thankful for good friends.  I was able to Skype with some today.  And, Becky.  Well, she is one of my dearest heart friends.  I was (yet again) reminded of the quote from Augustine about friendship while rereading some notes between Becky and me. 
"For though they cling together, no friends are true friends unless you, my God, bind them fast to one another through that love which is sown in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, who is given to us." (Book IV, section iv)
Now, I will finish my movie.  I've had serious ADD while watching it tonight!

Oh, lights and Christmas decor are up around the house!  Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...