Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NYC: I'm Living in Manhattan!

While I have some time, I thought it would be nice to blog and give everyone a little update.

On Saturday, May 12, 2012 I graduated with my Bachelors degree.
On Sunday, May 13, 2012 I boarded two planes and flew to NYC for an 8 week journalism program.  Only three of the weeks will be spent in NYC.

I am living in Midtown Manhattan, mere blocks from Times Square and cad corner from Macys.

It has already been an intense program.  But, I love it.  I have already learned enormous amounts of information and have been instructed by great individuals.

Last night, Rebecca, a fellow student, and I went for a little walk.  While out, I looked over and saw lights.  I thought, that looks like it might be Times Square.  Sure enough, it was.  We walked through Times Square, visited the Hershey store, and walked to Central Park (but did not go it).  I saw the Plaza from a distance and passed Trump Tower.

I cannot wait to visit the Plaza.  I need to find out if I can visit the Eloise suite.

It is psychologically easier "living" in NYC for three weeks than visiting for 2-5 days.  I am learning my way around and do not feel stressed when walking around.  I love living near everything.  Being in the city is grand!  I think I could do this for a while!

I am making tentative plans to visit Staten Island (the ferry is free) and reminisce that one episode of I Love Lucy, visit Little Italy and try to find the restaurant we went the last time I was here (best spaghetti ever!), visit The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck (saw it on food network. their ice cream style is insane), go to the MOMA, and go to the top of the Empire State Building (again...and be there at night).

I'll let you know how I do.

Early morning at the Columbia Airport

In the Nation's Capitol.  Loved Landing at JFK!

NYC Skyline! (Amy, this is for you)

In Times Square

Not The Plaza

Times Square at Night

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...