Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dirndl Day

Oh Germany, sweet Germany!
Today I had the immense pleasure of being able to dress in my German dirndl with Hannah and Kathryn!  It was such fun to walk around looking like traditional Bavarian girls.  I'm pretty positive some people thought we were crazy...especially if they happened to be looking out the windows as we twirled in front of Fisher just because we could.
I had one person ask me if I would twirl around and sing "the hills are alive with the sound of music."  Considering I was in the student center at the time I told them I would twirl but if they wanted to hear me sing then they would have to watch it on the internet.  See, I have already done that once...on a Bavarian Alp ; )

The reason we dressed in traditional garb is that this week is World Christian Week at school.  This is my favorite four/five days of the school year!  We spend it focusing on the world and different cultures!
I will be honest, when the week began I was feeling indifferent because in the past year so many things have changed that I do not know where I am supposed to live or what I am to do in the future.  However, last night while praying I acknowledged that when God wants me to know He will make it clear.  Until then I must keep pushing forward and be content where I am.  So, I am going to enjoy World Christian Week and look forward to the future...whether my future is in Europe, the United States, or elsewhere...that is up to God.
Tomorrow is Prayer Day and I am soooo excited : D  I love Prayer Days....especially during World Christian Week!

I am a tad behind this week so I am now going to catch up.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...