Friday, June 24, 2011

Relateble Books...Love Them!

Do you have an author who's books you love to read because you are able to relate to a character style they write well?

I have an author I love to read because I can connect with some of her characters so well.  It is as if my personality is written into them, but the characters have a different life story than I.

Today Daddy and I arrived at the beach around 12:30.  By just past 1:00 I was out on the beach tanning (and subsequently burning, despite my thorough application of sunscreen) and reading one of her latest books I have been waiting to read for about 4-5 months!  Needless to say, I have now completed said book.  One of the main characters of the story loves watching Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies (She gets to wear one of her dresses from Top Hat!) and they mention a Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth movie....and I just so happen to have one sitting on my bed that I brought along to watch before ever reading the book!

She writes male characters into her stories that resemble Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, Fred Astaire, etc. in their style, personality, etc.  Please.  Can they just exist in real life??

Unfortunately, the book is over.  That is the worst part about reading a book I love.  When it comes to an end and all I want is to keep reading it. 

Anyway, when I read these books I want to hand them to my friends to read to help them understand me : )

Tomorrow Lindsey and Jeremy are getting married!  Congrats you two!  Can't wait!

P.S.  The Author is Kristin Billerbeck.  Guys, I don't recommend reading her books.  She writes chick-lit : )

My two favorite, to date, books: Split Ends and A Billion Reasons Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...