Thursday, November 15, 2012

Topsy Turvy Life

Sitting at work the other night, a friend asked me, "So, what do you do all day?"
I panicked a little and said, "Well, I'm looking for a second job, and I am doing some work for a study abroad program."

Second shift is so hard to adjust to.  I'm a person who needs a lot of sleep (8 or more hours is ideal).  If I don't get the amount of sleep I need, I eventually hit a point of sleeping WAY longer over several days.  I don't like it.  I don't like this, "What do I do with myself..." Yes, I enjoy my shows.  I understand this is my "down time," but my down time feels like wasted time because everyone else  (ok, a lot of people) are at work.

Next week I start my new schedule (read: working four nights a week).  So, maybe I will be able to swing a more regular schedule.  You know, rising at a normal hour and relaxing in the evening...hm, imagine that.

I'm not complaining about my job.  I'm thankful for my job.  But, learning to use my time and not just bum around in my pajamas during the day is what I need to do (although, bumming around in my PJ's is a fave!).

Motivation: A few things I'd like to do

-Hike
-Be organized
-Explore downtown
-Spend time with friends
-Dedicate time in my schedule to specific tasks and execute them in that time frame

(Yes, I just realized the order in which I wrote those...just pretend it was because I wanted the descending staircase affect.)

Any advice on this new way of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...