Monday, July 22, 2013

A Royal Baby: The Prince of Cambridge

The Prince of Cambridge arrived this afternoon in England (on their time)!
I am elated.
After arriving home, I checked the news.
I rejoiced (to the annoyance of Trey) at the announcement.

The news with baby updates is playing the background, and earlier I watched the BBC live feed.
Now, I sit, soaking it all in, while sipping Earl Grey tea and nibbling on a chocolate covered hobnob.

Prince William has released a statement.

The Queen's encouragement to the Duchess of Cambridge to have the child soon sounds a bit like something the Dowergess would say on Downton Abbey.  

While visiting a primary school in the northwest of England, Her Majesty said, "I would very much like it to arrive. I'm going on holiday."

My mother has told me about visiting England when Prince William was born.

Now it's my turn.
I remember where I was when I learned of the Royal Engagement (Venice).
I celebrated the Royal Wedding at CIU with tea, scones, and friends.
And, now my first Royal Baby.

I only wish I were celebrating in London tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...