Monday, August 2, 2010

A Day At The Museum

I am worn out.  Not as much as yesterday, though.

Jude, Julia, and I went to the Natural History Museum in South Kensington.  Ok, let me just say, I would not mind living in Kensington.  That being said, I will now move on.

We bused and tubed and walked to the museum.  Stood in line and began our way around.

Ok, another side note.  Reasons to homeschool: You can visit these places while all the tourists and school children are IN SCHOOL.

Yes, it was extremely crowded but we made do.  The last time I was at this museum I was around Jude's age.  We ate lunch in the same lunch room Auntie Michele took us to to eat lunch : )  There was even a kid there wearing a Luke Skywalker shirt who looked a bit similar to Iain when he was a kid!

We saw some awesome exhibitions including a giant earth that the escalator took us through and a giant blue whale that was still hanging where I left him 14 years ago : )

Jude kept talking about how cool the new earth was!  It reminded me that one day there will really be a new earth.

Anyway, they had this ridiculous display on Darwin and why we are actually Apes, etc. etc. yada yada yada.  Ri-Dic-U-Lous!  I had to explain this to Jude and Julia.  It fries my brain that this stuff is taught at fact, when it is, in fact, not.

Anyway, we finally left after looking at the rock and mineral room.  The US Natural History Smithsonian is way better in that respect.  We have the Hope Diamond : )

We left in search of ice cream.  After two tube rides we were on the bus and passed The Golden Arches.  I didn't want to stop but had told the kids we would get ice cream.  So, after a moments thought, we hopped off and got ice cream : )  It was yummy.  Now, we are home, I am off-duty for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...