Friday, July 22, 2011

A Lesson....

This summer has been a lesson in "doing everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure children of God" Philippians 2:14-15.

Now, what do you think I have done far too many times over the course of the summer?
Exactly, I have complained....and argued a little.

I didn't say I had learned the lesson.

It is just so hard.  I somehow feel vindicated when I complain about the injustices done against me. 
But, when I vindicate myself I am disobeying God's Word.

I realize that God's Word trumps my need to feel vindicated, but I forget that and complain.

My summer internship is almost through.  I have learned so much this summer.  I hope I do not forget the hard lessons I have learned and the way that God carried me through.  The book of Psalms has blessed me greatly.  God is my fortress, my deliverer, my shield, my strength.  He has blessed me with a wonderful summer with Daddy and Pennisu, a job with income, a job that provides a learning experience and helps me evaluate what interests me and what does not, and, to top it all off, I get to go home next week for a quick visit!

So, to those of you who have heard me complain, thank you and I am sorry.
Thank you for listening and praying for me!
I am sorry for complaining.  It is not fun to listen to people complain, except to the complainer.

This is one lesson I would like to learn.  But, my inside likes to feel vindicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...