Friday, July 15, 2011

My "A Ha Moment" of the Day!

A light bulb went off in my head today while I was reading Genesis 26:4.
"...and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed."

This is not the first place where God says this, first to Abraham and then to Isaac. 
I pondered the meaning.  This morning I the realization that offspring did not mean every single one of Abraham's descendants.  Rather, offspring is referring to an individual.  An individual who did not come to earth as a human for several thousand is the offspring to whom God was referring.  Jesus.  A direct descendant to Abraham and Isaac.

Through Jesus ALL nations are being blessed!

I am working on my Progress of Redemption class.  It is so amazing seeing little things that God did all for the redemption of His people.

I just have to wonder, why did He choose Abraham?

(If I have misinterpreted this, missed something, etc. please give your thoughts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...