Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Grand Adventure Lies Just Beyond the Skyline...

...Or maybe within the skyline.

I have waited to make this announcement for several weeks.  There were people I wanted to tell without them learning through the medium of a mass communicator.  However, the time has come for me to disclose this news to others.

I have been accepted into an eight week journalism program that begins the day after I graduate.  I will be in New York City learning intensive journalism skills that I hope to put to use in the future!  Three weeks will be spent in NYC and then I will return home and write for my local newspaper for five weeks (and will hopefully be published)!

I have thought about writing at certain points throughout  my entire life.  Inspirations over the years have been Jo March, Harriet the Spy, various stories about writers, The Devil Wears Prada (movie), an article I read in Vogue last summer, and a conversation I had with a woman about the publishing industry (she went to school for journalism).  I am so excited about this adventure that is looming in front of me!

Three different people told me about this program.  The first two people mentioned it within a few weeks of each other.  One at a book club/gathering of sorts through my church.  The other was my grandfather.  I looked it up online and dismissed it, thinking it was not for me.  Then, earlier this semester I was speaking with a gentleman at the same place as the first and he mentioned the program to me.  I went home, looked it up, and thought, this just might be doable.  After discussing it with different people, I finally applied just before spring break.  I learned a few weeks ago that I was accepted, and I bought my tickets last week.

God has been providing in so many ways!  As I move forward He is paving the way and making everything fall into place.  I am looking forward to seeing how He uses this experience in my life.  Life adventures are my favorite!

I loved this as a girl!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love you!

    I love, love, love your writing!

    "The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable!"

    "I know the plans I have for you." says the Lord, "Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

    I love, love, love seeing God's plans for you unfold in the gifts and calling that are yours alone.

    I love, love, love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...