Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Trips: Orlando, Daytona Beach Shores, and Columbia

When I last left you all, I was leaving on a plane to visit my father.
As predicted, and prepared for, I was chilly and thankful for my sweatshirt.

My time in Florida was lovely and restful.  I enjoyed soaking up the sun (a little too much sun) and partaking in Pink Champagne, for the second time!  I was able to visit a friend who is leaving for France in a week, and my cousin, who recently moved to FL, came over and we went to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure.  I always love those two theme parks, and our trip was no different.  I rode The Mummy three or four times, the first two with Josh.  I could not stop laughing.  Honestly, I think I laughed more than I screamed.  But, when Josh stopped riding, the ride was not as fun.  The next day Daddy and I left for the beach and were greeted with rain, which allowed for Olympics watching!  Pennisu arrived a couple of days later to enjoy the beach with us, as much as her injured foot would allow.  Uncle Kip and Aunt Ellen joined us for a few hours one day, which was great!

A day after returning from Florida I left for a surprise visit to Columbia.  Only a handful of people knew I was arriving.  My first stop was to visit Hannah, who was thoroughly surprised.  I then stayed the night with Chris and Marie, which is always a joy.  They are a lovely couple whom I have known since they were not a couple.  Saturday Hannah and I went to Indian (translates to Punjabi Dhabi), one of the best Indian restaurants EVER!  We talked, caught up, laughed, AND they had all of our favourite foods.

 Leaving Indian, I took Hannah home and then left to surprise the Crutchfield family (except Deborah who helped me plan).  It was great fun and I loved spending so much time with them, including Sunday lunch!  Baron showed his face and added to the fun, as well!  Throughout the next week I applied for jobs, visited with Steph, and stopped in to visit my aunt.

I bade farewell to a town I've called home for most of the past four years.  While not my favourite town, the people are some of the best I've known.

Au revoir!

P.S.  Pictures will come soon!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...