Thursday, June 20, 2013

In Love With a Place I've Never Been

I feel like Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face
Photo Via

I'm in a state of giddy excitement.
Actually, it's been a long time since I've felt these emotions.

You're probably wondering why...
I'll tell you.

Because, I'M GOING TO PARIS!

I am finally making it to a city I've longed to visit most of my life.
Lists are in my planner, a guide book, and in my head.
I've never been one to really pour over guide books...until now.

Like I've said all along, I have no intention of trying to cram touristy things into my visit.
I know what I want to do, and I will do my best.
I am welcoming suggestions.
And, then I will walk.
Soak in the city.
Dream dreams in a new place.
Probably, at some point, decide I need to live in Paris.
Pick where I'll want to live.
And, recall scenes from my favorite movies that take place in Paris.

Also, what actually prompted me to finally write about my love affair with a city I've yet to visit, I may have just discovered an amazingly large collection of Monet's art--and I verbalized my excitement to my obliging walls.

1 comment:

  1. I went once with my parents when I was 16 but I've been really wanting to go again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...