Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Yes, I Do Like Graduations

Celebratory Silly String Graduation 2008 (sorry for the poor quality)
Over the weekend I attended two graduations--one for fun and one for work.

The first graduation was at my alma mater (do they call high school's alma maters?).
It was nostalgic thinking back five years to when I was sitting on that stage.

The second was a school I've never attended, but surprisingly, I knew a number of the students graduating.
And, as I walked up and saw students in red caps and gowns milling around, I realized that next year my brother will be with them (queue emotion).

Now for the shocker...
I enjoy graduations.
Yes, when I know the people graduating, it helps.
But, I get excited for the students sitting on the cusp of a new adventure in life.

I sit (or stand), with a smile on my face, as they reminisce funny moments, lessons learned, and that this is the last time they will all be together.

Of course I'm partial to BCHS.
The Salutatorian and Valedictorian speeches blew me away.
I'm not sure if a smile ever left my face.
Eli listed and analyzed several frequently used cliches and reasons for avoiding them.
He concluded that in avoiding the cliches, life truth's are not being shared.

Graduations are special.  Moving from one thing to another.

Congratulations, Class of 2013!
I'm proud of you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...