Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summertime and S'Mores

I've shared a lot about my love of substitute teaching.
One of the best parts of my job is building relationship with the high schoolers.
They are smart, funny, caring, sometimes insecure, confident, changing, and growing individuals.

I spent most of yesterday with a group of them.
Two (actually three) of "my students" are moving at the beginning of July, while I am still in England.
So, five of us hopped in the car and decided to spend the day at the river swimming and roasting hot dogs and making s'mores--you know...goodbye.

Oh, and, while sitting at a roadwork stop sign...they did a Chinese firedrill.
I want to think the VDOT man holding the sign went home and told his family about it.

They were troopers while I did an interview for the newspaper (by troopers I mean, got drinks and food and had fun--rough life, eh!).

I love spending time with these teenagers.
I'm thankful they enjoy spending time with me!

Enjoy a few photos of our day!







All Photos by K.L.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...