Friday, June 7, 2013

Reflections of a Substitute Teacher: The End of the Year

Headed to my first day subbing!
All prepared for my first group of students!

Today I got up, got ready, and went to substitute for the last time this year.


As I reflect on the past months of substitute teaching, I am thankful for all the opportunities I've had to fill in as a teacher in the Bath County schools.

I've met amazing students who I can call friends, I've learned numerous and valuable lessons, and I've realized I want to teach high school English.

Today was the last official day of school.
Next week are exams.
Many times today, I expressed my joy to be at school on their last official day.
I enjoyed listening to students comment about what they were finding in their lockers as they cleaned them out.
There was an excitement in the air that only comes as the school year is closing.

I had a student come to me and give me a goodbye hug.
It made my day--my year.

I am privileged to know the students in our county.
They make life exciting, hilarious, and purposeful.

Happy as I am to see summer come, I'm going to miss them.

I don't know what the fall holds, but I'm glad that a year ago God didn't open the doors for me to move to Columbia...or England...or Germany.

I would have missed so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...