Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Problem of Moving...Solved!

Thanks, Pinterest!
Growing up, I moved every year or so (sometimes more, sometimes less) until I was nine.  I've never minded the frequent moving.  In fact, I'm glad my family moved a lot.  The moves let me see lots of the eastern half of the United States.

However, I would be lying if I said I never wished I had friends from my childhood, people I could say I'd known since we were born...or something.

I've always said I want to move a lot, never really settle down.  But, sometimes a part of me likes the idea of making roots, retaining friends in near vicinity and living life with them for  a while.  Then, I find myself in a quandary.  Move often, experience lots, and make new friends....all.the.time?  Or, move less often, visit places, but create a family of friends, connections, and familiarity with fewer places as HOME?

While gazing out the window at the rain a few minutes ago, I thought of a solution.  Feel free, move a lot.  But, buy a vacation home...you know, in the south of France...and that can be the steady factor.

I'm just trying to think ahead and plan for my maybe-one-day, imaginary children.  Of course, if I don't have children, it won't matter so much--I will just enjoy my vacation home regardless of where I usually live ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...