Sunday, July 18, 2010

How Faithful is Our God!

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me! 


Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! 



Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me! 





I love this hymn!  We sang it today in church.  The first time I have sung it in a while.  I was reminded of God's love for us!  He is faithful!  When have I ever lacked anything I needed?  God has met my needs AND even many of my wants!  I am then divided and think to myself, what about all the starving people around the world who are lacking?  Why me in an already privileged country?  I don't have an answer!  For all I know it could be the simplest answer in the world, but I don't know it.  If someone does, please enlighten me!


This simple truth.  God is faithful.  it has a hard one for me to remember.  I have been struggling with God and about God so much lately.  It is hard to struggle when I feel I am making no head way.  


I was thinking the other day.  God must love us.  He, knowing that we would be a fallen people, chose to create us anyway.  Knowing He would give His son to die on a cross He went ahead and created us.  Yet, think about it. That also brought the greatest glory to Himself.  He could have just said, "Forget them, they will sin and mess everything up and cost me my son.  They are not worth it."  Yet, He saw us as worth it AND if He had not created us He would not have had the glory of creating this incredible universe we live in, the glory of creating a way for salvation, the glory of sending His son to die for us that we might live and glorify His name, and the glory of our worship, praise, and glory to Him!  Yes, that speaker second semester of my Freshman year, annoying as he was, really stuck with me.  I don't always like it all.  I like to think, Jesus died because He loves me, but then I realize, yes, He does love me, but it was also to bring glory to the Father.  No, this late at night, I cannot reason it all out.  I don't remember if I could when it was in the middle of the day.  I will try and remember to do that tomorrow.


Anyway, the whole point of this thing is, God IS faithful! 


Psalms 86:15- "But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...