Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow...

Today began with sleeping in.  To 9:30ish.  It was my day off.  The WHOLE day!
I took my time getting ready and then headed to Bexleyheath with the intention of having an eye appointment and then going to Lenae's.  ALL by 3:00.

I arrived and they were able to see me almost immediately.  I have been having problems with my left eye and so I explained all this to the doctor while praying that they would find the problem (ok, actually, I prayed that mid examination).  Anyway, at first the doctor seemed rather solemn and eh.  While examining my eyes he would say, "Look straight, look up, look to the right, look to the left, blink, blink, blink."  The light he was using allowed me to see the veins of my eye reflecting.  Pretty cool.

When I asked if he knew what the problem was he said he did but would tell me at the end.  Oy.  Well, at least he knew the problem.  I thanked God for that.  It turns out I have a viral infection in my eye.  That would explain the problems and the blurriness.

I am not allowed to wear contacts for two weeks.  They replaced the lenses in my glasses so I can now see....mostly.  I am going back tomorrow to double check on the left one.

Anyway, at this point I know I am not going to make it to Lenae's by 3:00.  I text her and let her know.  I then ride the bus to Blackheath, catch another bus.  That bus was interesting.  It seemed to take forever and some interesting people were on it.  Then, I got off in a neighborhood that doesn't make me feel the most comfortable and began to walk to her place.  These people came out of an apartment building and one of the guys began walking behind me.  So, of course, my imagination and fear kick in and I am rather panicky.  Then, just as I am about to turn to walk up the steps to her door I see someone standing on the bottom step.  I worry that they are about to jump out at someone (or me).  I walk by quickly and buzz her room.  She came down quickly, thankfully, and let me in.  Seriously, I don't like creepy people!!!

Anyway, we went into a few cute shops and then went to a cafe :)

Then, homeward I went after saying goodbye to Megan and Lenae.

The trip home was long and tiring.  I am home and tired.  Good day, though :)

From here on out, I feel time will fly and creep by.  Grampaw's this weekend, who knows next week (all I have planned is a Roast Dinner at Uncle Gavin's), then cricket (hopefully), then I don't know, then maybe something fun, then Daddy arrives = ), then I finish work, then the wedding and lots of family : ), then, Germany.  Time is going by so quickly.  I was thinking about what it will be like to go back to the states.  Boarding that plane and leaving all of this.  I don't know how I will feel about it.  Yes, excited to see my family and then friends, but sad to be leaving this place that I love.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember - whenyou are all sad about leaving England - that you are returning to tons of people who've missed you and we love you! So buck up, my little Brit! It's still good on the other side of the pond.

    See you soon,
    Candice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...