Thursday, September 13, 2012

Guest Post From a Dualie Like me!

Hello Lovelies,

A few weeks ago I asked a fellow blogger to guest post for me.
She said yes!

I am introducing to you, Freya from With Love from Freya.
It turns out, we have a lot in common!

Without further ado, here she is (and when you are done, head to her blog)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! My name is Freya and I am pretty much beyond excited to be here
today! This is my first sponsorship post and, so far, I’m liking the way it feels!

I’ve never been really that good at just coming right out and talking about
myself, so I’ll start at the beginning, with my blog name: From Freya, With Love.
I decided on this name because with everything I send out into the world, my
love goes with it. I’m a firm believer that what you put into the world is what you
get back…so…what you read is from me, with love!
 I started my blog because I was posting way too much on Facebook to an
audience that, let’s be honest, didn’t really care! While I originally started with
the idea that I was going to be a recipe posting, adorable outfit wearing, witty
This is my amazing family on my sister's wedding day August 2011
comment slinging, DIY-ing fiend, I suddenly came to the realization that my
blog is my own and the things I post are deeply rooted in my history.
I, like Kirsten, am a duel citizen of the United States and England. My parents,
one Welsh and one British, moved to the States in the 1980’s, sprouted some
roots and popped out some kids (just two, myself and my older sister, Chelsey).
I am proud to say that I am an Oregonian, through and through! West Coast is
the Best Coast!
I started my life in ballet. I loved the discipline, the beauty, the strength and the
performing! When I hit high school, I decided to ditch the pointe shoes and try
my hand at acting. While that lasted a solid 6 years, it wasn’t until half way
through college that I realized that my lifelong love of writing would take
control. I finished college with a Bachelor of Science in Communication, a focus
on Journalism and a minor Media Studies. Long story short, I speak fluent social
media (and reporter in training!)
I don't know what I'd do without him. (Jake and I)
At this point, I’m 24 years old and still trying to figure out who I am. I’ve spent
the past year and a bit living 3,000 miles away from my friends, family and
anything familiar. Somewhere in there, a transformation is happening. I decided
to spend 3 years moving with my boyfriend as he develops his career. We move
once a year for three years and are currently one our second move. We reside in
Toronto and I love being immersed in a different culture as an Ex-Pat.
 But it’s hard starting over all the time and making new friends. You really get in
My favorite beverage:
Bloody Marys! I even write about them every Saturday!
touch with who you are as a person. And this is where my blog comes into play.
I needed a place to express myself, talk about my thoughts and feelings as well
as share the things I love with a community that cares.

I seriously love the blogging world. Everyone here is so supportive and positive!
While I may have a hard time making new friends in Toronto, I know there are
people out there who would lend me some advise and some positive thoughts.

Eventually I’ll make it back to a familiar place, or maybe I’ll turn the unfamiliar
into the familiar! But for now, I have my blog and the wonderful community that
encompasses it.

Well, that’s me in a small nutshell! Please feel free to come by anytime! And
thank you to Kirsten for sharing me today!
From,
Freya
XoXo

My puppy, Chasey, and I. She now lives with my mom while I become a world traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...